Apple cider vinegar, often known as the juice of nature has a lot of health benefits. Of the many benefits of apple cider vinegar, one major benefit that was highlighted a few years ago was its ability to help in weight loss.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
For those of you who don’t know, Apple Cider Vinegar is a type of vinegar made from apple must or cider. This yellowish amber color liquid is used a lot in salads and as a preserving agent. There are many uses of apple cider vinegar for your skin, hair, and overall health. Loaded with a lot of nutrients and antioxidants, apple cider vinegar does wonders for your system.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
Over the past few years apple cider vinegar has gained a lot of popularity majorly due to its property of helping in weight loss. Including apple cider vinegar in your daily diet will help you shed those kilos in a natural and safe manner.
Here’s how it is beneficial.
- The main component in apple cider vinegar that attributes to weight loss is acetic acid which acts as a natural appetite suppressor. Acetic acid also helps boost metabolism and reduce water retention. All these factors together with a strict diet plan and regular exercising helps in weight loss.
- Having apple cider vinegar right before consuming meals gives you a feeling of being full. Thus, you tend to consume lesser calories.
- Apple cider vinegar interferes with the process of digestion of starch in the body. This means that fewer calories enter the bloodstream.
- It is low in calories. One teaspoon apple cider vinegar provides just one calorie. Thus, adding it to salads and other recipes is a tasty way to reduce weight.
- Apple cider vinegar improves gut health and bowel movements. This aids to reduce weight in a healthy and natural way if your digestive system works fine. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar helps improve gut microbe health and increase their population which in turn helps bowel movements and overall gut health. It is also helpful in reducing acid reflux.
One should be careful while consuming apple cider vinegar and should not exceed the limit. Excess of it may hurt your throat and cause a burning sensation. The best way to take it is mixing 1 tsp apple cider vinegar in about 250ml water and drink it before meals. Also, consulting a health expert or a certified nutritionist is recommended.
A study was conducted in which it was concluded that people who are given a daily dose of apple cider vinegar for 12 weeks had reduced belly fat, waist circumference, lower BMI, and lower blood triglycerides as compared to those who did not drink apple cider vinegar.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apart from being helpful in weight loss, some other benefits of apple cider vinegar include –
- Eases digestive ailments
- Helps in balancing blood glucose levels
- Maintains pH level of the body
- Cures hiccups
- Helps fight seasonal allergies
- Naturally detoxifies your body
- Eases varicose veins
- Soothes sore throat
- Boosts Probiotics
- Keeps bad breath at bay
- Helps whiten your teeth naturally
- Soothes sunburn
- Helps treat Candida
- Improves nutrient absorption in the body
- Boosts energy
- Heals Poison Ivy
- Helps treat acne
- Improves hair health and appearance
- Acts as a natural deodorant
- Repels ticks an fleas from your pets
Weight loss isn’t an overnight process. Eating right, exercising, and bringing small changes in your lifestyle can help you take a leap in your weight loss journey. Including apple cider vinegar will also be helpful. Make sure you talk to your doctor before you start taking it.